Buy Prozac Online
Prozac an antidepressant from the group of selective inhibitors of serotonin reverse capture. It has thymoanaleptic and stimulating effect. Improves the mood, reduces tension, anxiety and fear, eliminates dysphoria.
Prozac: indications, dosage, side effects, composition
The pharmaceutical agent Prozac in question belongs to a group of antidepressants used to treat certain types of nervous disorders.
Its main active component is Fluoxetine. It is a receptor antagonist (muscarinic, histamine, and a-adrenopeceptor). An effective antidepressant that has the property of selectively inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin in the central nervous system. Its action differs from the mechanism of influence of other antidepressants by the ability not to cause the functional activity of beta-adrenergic receptors. It has a very weak effect on the neuronal uptake of dopamine and norepinephrine.
Regular intake improves mood, eliminates anxiety, fears, tension. At the same time, it does not have a sedative and cardiotoxic effect (in dosages that do not exceed the recommended ones). A stable effect develops after the 2nd week of regular administration of the drug and continues for 7 days after its administration is stopped.
Composition and form of release
The main active ingredient Prozac is Fluoxetine. The drug is marketed in a capsule form with a content of 20 mg of Fluoxetine in 1 capsule.
Prozac is used to treat patients suffering from diseases such as:
- Major depressive episodes, depressive disorders;
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder;
- Bulimia nervosa (as part of complex psychotherapy to reduce uncontrolled food consumption and to cleanse the intestines).
The drug in question is contraindicated in cases where the patient has a pronounced hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
It is also contraindicated in the use of:
- Severe hepatic and renal insufficiency;
- Epilepsy, convulsions (in the anamnesis);
- Atony of the bladder;
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the use of this drug is contraindicated.
If there is a need to take the drug during lactation, then it should be suspended for the period of treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
This drug is taken orally, with water, 1-2 times a day. Reception is made regardless of the meal.
The average dosage is from 20 to 60 mg per day, depending on the disease and the individual effect of the drug. If necessary, increase the dosage, start with a small dose of 20 mg, gradually increasing.
Some recommended dosages:
- Severe depression, disorders-20 mg every morning, after 3-4 weeks the dosage can be increased to 20 mg twice a day, after a few weeks it is possible to increase the dose to 60 mg, treatment lasts up to 6 months;
- Obsessive-manic disorders-20 mg per day, in some cases it is possible to increase the dose to 60 mg, increase the dose of 20 mg every 3-4 weeks;
- Bulimia nervosa-20 mg per day, treatment lasts 3 months;
- The maximum daily dose is 80 mg per day (for patients over 65 years of age-a maximum of 60 mg).
Discontinuation of treatment is made by gradually reducing the dosage to avoid exacerbation of the disease.
Dosage, dosage adjustment, regimen and duration of treatment are prescribed individually by an experienced doctor.
Overdose may cause:
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Disorders of the CCC;
- Despiratory disorders, hypomania.
Treatment: gastric lavage, intake of sorbents, symptomatic therapy, monitoring of the respiratory system and the work of the CCC.
There is no specific antidote. Dialysis is ineffective.
When treated with this drug, side effects may occur in the form of:
- Asthenia, chills, fever;
- Thrombocytopenia, hemorrhages under the skin, hematomas;
- Allergic reactions;
- Decreased appetite, anorexia, hyponatremia;
- Dysgeusia, drowsiness, tremor, convulsions, memory disorders, vision, insomnia, nightmares, anorgasmia, bruxism, speech disorders;
- Mydriasis, tinnitus;
- Heart rhythm disorders, hot flashes, hypotension, vasculitis;
- Shortness of breath, pharyngitis, nosebleeds;
- Nausea, vomiting, dysgeusia, dysphagia;
- Rashes, itching, erythema, alopecia, purpura;
- Arthralgia, myalgia;
- Dysuria, pollacuria;
- Gynecological bleeding, erectile dysfunction;
- Weight loss.
Storage conditions and terms
Shelf life – 4 years. Storage temperature-no more than 25°C.