Buy Amitriptyline Online
Amitriptyline belongs to the class of drugs that help with depression. This is one of the most famous and frequently prescribed antidepressant drugs.
Antidepressant in Severe Forms of Depression
Amitriptyline is a classic tricyclic antidepressant. The drug was synthesized by one of the first, it is called "Old Antidepressant". However, today the drug takes a leading place in the treatment of severe depression and chronic pain syndromes. The advantage of amitriptyline is a pronounced double effect on serotonin and norepinephrine. This ensures high efficacy of the drug in case of depression and chronic pain. However, the drug has a number of contraindications and side effects. Therefore, it is impossible to talk about the universality of this group of drugs.
A remedy for depression. Reduces anxiety, expressed emotional arousal, depressive symptoms. The principle of action against depression is due to the increase in the amount of norepinephrine in synapses and/or serotonin in the Central nervous system (reduction of their reverse absorption). The accumulation of these neurotransmitters is observed due to the suppression of their reuptake by the membranes of presynaptic neurons.
→ The action of antidepressant comes in two to three weeks from the beginning of the drug.
→ Amitriptyline has a sedative and M-anticholinergic, antihistaminic, antiserotonin, timolepticheskoe, anxiolytic, and analgesic, and antiulcer action.
→ During General anesthesia reduces blood pressure and body temperature. Does not suppress monoamine oxidase.
- Severe forms of depression, especially with typical symptoms of anxiety, emotional arousal, sleep disorders;
- Recurrent (repeated);
- Reactive (after mental injuries);
- With alcohol abstinence;
- Organic brain lesions, including in childhood;
- Schizophrenic disorders of mental activity;
- Depression in patients with schizophrenia;
- Mixed disorders of emotional state;
- Violations of attention, activity;
- Nocturnal enuresis (except in patients with reduced bladder wall tone);
- Bulimia nervosa;
- Chronic pain syndrome-pain in cancer patients, migraine, rheumatic diseases, atypical pain in the face, postherpetic neuralgia, neuropathy of different Genesis (diabetic, posttraumatic, other peripheral neuropathy);
- Migraine prevention;
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer.
Tricyclic antidepressants have become first-line drugs in cases of severe disorders.
→ Individual hypersensitivity to amitriptyline, auxiliary substances that are part of the drug.
— Use simultaneously with drugs that suppress monoamine oxidase and two weeks before treatment.
→ Myocardial infarction in acute and subacute period.
— Acute alcohol intoxication.
→ Acute intoxication with sleeping pills, analgesics and psychoactive drugs.
→ Severe disorders of the heart-atrioventricular blockade of the II degree, violations of intraventricular conduction (blockade of the legs of the bundle of GIS).
— Children up to age 6 years when taken orally the age of 12 when injection.
→ Amitriptyline used with caution in arrhythmias, coronary heart disease, heart failure, thyroid disease, the presence of convulsive syndrome in history, pheochromocytoma, porphyria, anesthesia.
— Amitriptyline is not prescribed during pregnancy (primarily in the I and III trimesters), except in cases of emergency. There were no controlled clinical studies on the safety of amitriptyline use in pregnancy.
→ During therapy, breastfeeding is contraindicated.
Method of Administration and Dosage
Amitriptyline is taken orally without chewing immediately after eating to reduce irritation of the gastric mucosa.
The initial dose for adults - 25-50 mg before bedtime, then the dosage increases for 5-6 days to 150-200 mg per day in three doses, the largest part of the dose is prescribed before bedtime. If after 14 days there was no improvement, the daily dose is increased to 300 mg.
With the disappearance of signs of depression, the dose is reduced to 50-100 mg per day and continue therapy for at least three months.
In the elderly, with mild violations prescribed at a dose of 30 to 100 mg per day at night, after reaching the therapeutic effect of moving to the minimum effective dose - 25-50 mg per day.
Children as an antidepressant:
- from 6 to 12 years-10-30 mg or 1-5 mg per kilogram of weight per day fractional;
- teenagers-10 mg three times a day, if necessary-up to 100 mg per day.
For the prevention of migraine, neurogenic chronic pain, prolonged headaches - from 12.5-25 to 100 mg per day. The maximum part of the dose is taken at night.
Amitriptyline Side Effect
In addition to the impact on the neural processes of amitriptyline characterized by many secondary neurochemical effects, causing their side effects:
- Antagonism against M1-cholinergic receptors determines the development of anticholinergic syndrome-tachycardia, dry mouth, accommodation disorders, constipation, urinary retention, confusion (delirium or hallucinations), paralytic intestinal obstruction;
- Blockade of alpha1-adrenoreceptors causes orthostatic circulatory disorders (dizziness, weakness, darkening of consciousness, fainting), reflex tachycardia;
- Blockade of H1-histamine receptors-sedative effect, weight gain;
- The change in ion metabolism in the brain and heart tissue reduces the threshold of convulsive readiness and contributes to the manifestation of cardiotoxic action – the rhythm of contractions and impulses to the myocardium is disturbed.
The severity of side effects often provokes doctors to use inadequately low dosages, as well as significantly reduces the patients ' adherence to therapy, which dramatically reduces the effectiveness of treatment.
Due to the risk of severe poisoning with tricyclic antidepressants, they are chosen by patients with suicidal tendencies to realize their aspirations. Therefore, drugs are prescribed so that the patient could not accumulate enough of them to commit suicide.
In General, the treatment effect of any antidepressant, especially prolonged use, is implemented through integrated effects on most neurotransmitter and receptor systems of the brain. Therefore, the individual spectrum of psychotropic, neurotropic and somatotropic effects of drugs against depression depends on the ratio of primacy and strength of these effects. Their combined accounting allows you to choose the only correct drug in each case, which ultimately determines the clinical success of therapy.
Attention! Description of the drug Amitriptyline is a simplified and supplemented version of the official instructions for use. Information about the drug is provided for informational purposes only and should not be used as a guide to self-medication.