Can be particularly point to the next basic signs of delirium.
- Delirium is a consequence of the disease, its product. It is not a mistake, not a self — deception, not a delusion of a healthy person-it is the product of a sick person, the same as, say, fever for an infectious patient or convulsions for an epileptic.
- Despite the possible validity of certain postulates and fragments, nonsense — always erroneous, not corresponding to reality, a distorted reflection of reality. Claiming that the neighbors are not good to him and saw him in the coffin, the patient may not be so wrong — in terms of guessing the vector of the relationship. But all of that complex structure which he has built on this premise, which has become his ideology, subjugated, changed his identity and has provided many years of holivar (from the English. holy war-Holy war), has nothing to do with reality.
- Delusional ideas are unshakable, reinforced concrete, they are absolutely not amenable to correction or persuasion. Attempts to dissuade, to convince the patient of the incorrectness of his crazy builds, to give conclusive arguments, including assault and battery, useless. The patient will only further establish himself in his own right, and using your own arguments and arguments as additional evidence in his favor. “What do you mean she’s loyal to me? Why are you telling me this? Well, well, well, something’s not right! Who do we work for?” I understand! You also have access to the body!”By the way, it will not be possible to dissuade such a patient by hypnotic suggestion either.
- Delusions inherent in the erroneous grounds (“paralogic”, “logic curve”). We touched upon these violations, considering violations of the associative process of thinking.
- In most cases (with the exception of certain categories of secondary delirium) delirium occurs when the patient’s clear, unclouded consciousness. And this sometimes leads to confusion: as, he quite sensibly says, the dates are not confused… Yes, but only until, while you have not touched the plot of his delusions.
- Delusional ideas and personality are inextricably linked. Under the influence of delusional ideas, the patient’s personality changes — his self-consciousness, value system, attitude to the environment and to himself. Well, judge for yourself: what might be the attitude of the Emperor of the Galaxy to itself and to its surroundings? A little different than what is expected from the seemingly ordinary unemployed.
- Delusions are not due to intellectual decline. On the contrary, delusions, especially complex and systematic, tend to indicate that the intellect is all right. And on the contrary — the less intelligent, the less common nonsense. But if she is, then it is easier and not so relevant for the patient. In addition, if dementia increases in a person who had delusional production, the delirium itself becomes simpler, takes up less space in the patient’s experiences, until its complete disappearance. And understandably so — there is nothing to produce.
Delirium is classified by stages of development:
A) delusional mood and delusional belief in changing the, of the inevitability of impending catastrophe, danger: “Oh, that, Oh, my heart feels”;
B) delusional perception delusional interpretation of the values of certain phenomena of reality in view of the looming concern: “These views for a reason, and a handful of citizens is clearly with a purpose, and a car drove up, and with special rooms, not otherwise encrypted»;
C) delusional interpretation — delusional explanation of the perceived phenomena: “It is something they bad started: staring accusingly, whispering with a view to developing an action plan, and the details of the plan are encoded in the rooms and the car drove up”;
G) crystallization of delirium — a certain vitality and the content of delusions, their completeness and logical sequence: “I understand. This community is black transplant! I’m about to be kidnapped and disassembled for parts that will be shipped to America and exchanged for cocaine!»;
D) a stage of attenuation of delirium with the emergence of a critical attitude: “Fuhhh carried by… Well, time in the hospital. And yet, what was it? It couldn’t have been like this, all of a sudden. Or could it?”; e) residual (residual) brad: “And transplant all the same bastards!»
The mechanism of occurrence of isolated nonsense:
1) the primary caused directly by thought disorder in the form of insight, feelings, views, perceptions, beliefs, delusional intuition, delusional interpretation of the recollections and observations of reality (Yes, even about the same black transplant);
2) secondary, sensitive, caused by the hallucinatory, illusionary, affective and other’s experiences: hear from the outlet of the “voices” that threaten to kill, believes that the neighbors banded together in a criminal syndicate;
3) holodilny (option of secondary nonsense), resulting in emotional disorders. So, with a depressive syndrome, the patient can declare that it’s all for a reason, it’s all for his sins (and the list on five sheets can provide), and that in General he is a worm and a mastday. And in the manic — almost Batman, only more serious mission;
4) katatelny, he’s sensitive delirium of attitude arising from the exciting and important for that specific individual emotional experiences from value-added sensitive and psychopathic people (delirium relations, persecution, arising from a paranoid psychopath, delusions of jealousy psychopath epileptic);
5) Arising on the basis of sensations from the internal organs: burning in the chest is deadly neighbours is irradiated with light; became mysteriously gurgle in my stomach — it special agents poisoned the water, and only in my apartment;
6) induced-induced, induced by another person, most often mentally ill. How does it work? Here’s a recipe for the average man in the street: run around the Mall with bulging eyes and ask everyone where they sell salt, matches and cereals. We ship all this in bulk quantities in a shopping cart. To complete the picture, connect a couple of like-minded people. I think the result will not be slow to wait;
7) delirium of the deaf, when a person thinks out what he does not hear. The content is often nonsense attitudes or delusions of persecution.
Since gelatinoso have been listed by the resale nonsense.
The content of delusions can be divided into:
- Persecutory (from lat. persecutio — chase) nonsense, he is delusions of persecution, which may also include: delusions of influence (rays, radio, hypnotism, telepathy, witchcraft); attitude (usually negative, but there are exceptions), poisoning, jealousy, antagonistic, or Manichaean delirium (when the person believes that it is in the center of confrontation between the forces of good and evil, light and darkness, or when he believes that he fighting two or more competing groups, even States or worlds); nonsense double (when a patient believes that he has a twin that lives beyond his life and committing acts that the patient a disgrace or embarrassing); the delusion of metamorphosis (when the patient believes that under the impact of external influences is he in some turns — into an animal, a tree, piece of furniture); the delirium of obsession (when the patient believes that he possesses someone who controls them).
2) Depressive delusion (delusions low self-esteem) involves the delusion of self-accusation, self-abasement, nihilistic (I’m terminally ill, I have syphilis, AIDS, leprosy, all my organs rotted-withered-scattered in the dust, my misery is eternal and infinite), hypochondriac (I have cancer-sarcoma-another incurable disease, but no one sees and I am here right now will die), dysmorphogenesis (I’m ugly, I stink worse than three-day corpse in the heat, exhalation can be killed on the spot, and emitted gases has long been prohibited by the International Convention on weapons of mass destruction).
3) The group of delirium with higher self-esteem (megalomaniacal nonsense) — delusions of grandeur (from the representative of the President and ending with the Emperor of all galaxies), high birth (really the king, just lost one), invention (Yes, the cure for cancer and the regular teleport also put it on my bill), claim (the theory of relativity, remember? Einstein, bitch, I stole), reformism (well as reorganize rabkrin, not for me to explain), altruistic, or Messianic nonsense — you sit here, the fifth Procurator, at the reception, and lead to person…
4) Mixed forms of delirium include the delirium patronage (we love you prepare for a new crusade, so do not be afraid and never hesitate), brad benevolent influence (here’s five points of charisma, mana, twenty, thirty health and the usual things — agility, resistance to magic), brad staging (the whole world — specifically for this sick theater, all the people in it are actors, and stuff like put that the author would say a few kind), verwandte (litigation), nonsense charges (the patient believe that others look askance at him and despise for what he did not commit at all).
The structure of delirium is divided into systematic and unsystematic.
Systematic nonsense is quite structured externally, it has its own special logic, a system of evidence and arguments in its favor.
Unsystematic nonsense is just a painful statement, devoid of a system of evidence and complex logical constructions: it is so because I know it is so. This is usually secondary to delirium, resulting from patients experiencing hallucinations, senestopatii, either due to depression or mania.
Strictly speaking, the varieties and names of delirium are much more than already given, which is not surprising — because the object on which thinking is directed is the whole world, in all its diversity. But the overall impression is received.